Substance Abuse Class 2: Substance Abuse, Families and Trauma-informed Care
Explore the interplay between active addiction and trauma and its impact on the addicted individual and on the family unit's functioning. Part of the Substance Abuse Certificate Program.
At a glance
What: Substance Abuse Class 2: Substance Abuse, Families and Trauma-informed Care
When: Last offered Mar 23, 2016. Check back for next offering.
Where: Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St, Madison, WI
Continuing education credit: 6 hours (0.6 CEUs), 6 CECH (CHES) contact hours
For additional information, contact Flo Hilliard:
Beginning to advanced
- List the potential effects of addiction on family members.
- Describe the effects of trauma on the brain and on human development.
- Explain the relationship between post-traumatic stress disorder and addiction.
- Summarize strategies to screen for and address trauma in individuals with substance-use disorders.
- Summarize strategies to help families with a member who is experiencing active addiction.