Substance Use Disorders Class 6: Motivating Clients for Change
This knowledge- and skills-based class focuses on an evidence-based practice that motivates people to change behavior in even the most difficult circumstances. Part of the Substance Abuse Certificate Program.
At a glance
What: Substance Use Disorders Class 6: Motivating Clients for Change
When: Wed, Nov 2, 9am-4pm
Where: Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St, Madison, WI
Continuing education credit: 6 hours (0.6 CEUs), 6 CECH (CHES) contact hours
Instructor: Scott Caldwell
or register by phone at
For additional information, contact Flo Hilliard: 608-215-4169
Beginner to advanced
- Explain what Motivational Interviewing (MI) is and why it succeeds.
- Describe why MI is so effective even with the most difficult clients.
- Explain how to use MI effectively with different populations and cultures.
- Demonstrate listening for and supporting Change Talk.
- Demonstrate how to use MI to work effectively with difficult clients without having to be confrontational.