Late-Life Sleep Disorders
Discover an in-depth clinical view of the biological and psychosocial complexities of late-life sleep problems. Learn how different types of late-life sleep disorders impact quality of life, how the body regulates sleep, and the neurobiological factors that influence sleep in late life. Using case studies, we discuss sleep hygiene, quality of sleep, and effective modes of treatment.
At a glance
What: Late-Life Sleep Disorders
When: Th, Oct 20, 9am-3pm
Where: Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St., Madison, WI
Continuing education credit: 5 hours (0.5 CEUs)
Instructor: Timothy Juergens, MD
or register by phone at
For additional information, contact Suzanna Waters Castillo:
An expert gero-psychiatric faculty member from UW-Madison Medical School instructs the group and leads discussion. Past participants have evaluated this seminar very highly.
- Summarize how different types of late-life sleep disorders impact quality of life.
- Describe how the body regulates sleep.
- Explain the neurobiological factors that influence sleep in late life.
- Describe how sleep hygiene affects quality of sleep.
- Identify two effective treatment modes for late-life sleep disorders.