Anxiety, depression, and physical health problems frequently coexist in older adults, making it difficult to identify the primary problem. Learn the latest research on the issue and how to respond. Includes new information about evidence-based treatments. Recognize unique presentations of late-life anxiety, co-anxiety with depression, etiology of late-life anxiety, co-morbid medical conditions, polypharmacy, and effective psychotherapeutic and psychopharmaceutical treatments.
- To understand current demographics of geriatric anxiety disorders
- Identify and distinguish the major anxiety disorders in late life
- Recognize how anxiety symptoms and disorders present in late life
- Understand the role of comorbidities in treating late life anxiety
- The pros and cons of pharmacological treatment for late life anxiety
- To use the Wisconsin Star Method to analyze anxiety problems in late life