The Art of Conflict Transformation
Conflict is something most people want to avoid, yet it's a natural part of life. When approached with integrity, curiosity, and compassion, conflict can open us to new possibilities and deepen our relationships. This two-day workshop will help you embrace both-and rather than either-or thinking, transforming conflict into win-win solutions. Discover how to increase your comfort in dealing with conflict and to build more trust and communication in relationships.
At a glance
What: The Art of Conflict Transformation
When: Last offered Dec 6, 2016. Check back for next offering.
Where: Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St, Madison, WI
Cost: $325 | Includes lunch
Continuing education credit: 14 hours (1.4 CEUs)
For additional information, contact Laura V. Page: 608-890-3627
What you will learn
- How your history with conflict impacts your current responses to it.
- The 4 basic responses to conflict.
- A tool for checking out assumptions before they escalate into conflict.
- How to practice being grounded and centered in the midst of conflict.
- The differences between position statements and needs statements.
- How to clarify and express your underlying needs.
- How to use questions of inquiry to learn about others’ perspectives.
- How to generate win-win solutions.