In a highly competitive culture, many of us have learned to listen in ways that strengthen the arguments in support of our perspective. We focus on critiquing others’ ideas and defending our point of view.
Dialogue shifts us from a mindset of persuading to one of learning. It invites us to engage with curiosity and openness, and to discover the shared meaning living among different perspectives. Slowing down, examining assumptions and listening deeply not only builds stronger, more trusting relationships, it supports us in doing our best thinking together and discovering more innovative solutions.
This workshop will help you learn to:
- Feel more grounded when having challenging conversations
- Slow down and check out assumptions before they escalate into conflict
- Move from defensiveness and judgment to more open engagement
- Excavate beyond positional statements to understand “what’s really going on”
- Ask inquiry questions that gather more useful information