At a glance
What you’ll experience
Full of music and museums, this year’s trip begins with a bang on Thursday night as you attend the stylish new production of Verdi’s Rigoletto at The Metropolitan Opera. Set in Las Vegas in the 1960s, this is Rigoletto as you’ve never seen it before.
Friday morning finds you at the Museum of Modern Art for an educational before-opening-hours guided tour of the special exhibition American Modern: Hopper to Stieglitz, showcasing a collection that has played a major role in the museum’s history. After that the rest of your Friday is unscheduled!
On Saturday morning you are treated to another before-opening-hours guided tour of the fabulous Neue Galerie and their exhibition Kandinsky and the Total Work of Art: From Blaue Reiter to Bauhaus and, that evening, you enjoy a performance of Benjamin Britten’s Spring Symphony by the New York Philharmonic.
On Sunday your educational weekend concludes with a guided tour of the fascinating Museum of the Moving Image, the country’s only museum dedicated to the art, history, technique, and technology of the moving image in all its forms.
As always, you’ll have plenty of time to shop, see the sights, and enjoy the energy of New York City at this exciting time of year. Come enjoy the beginning of the holiday season in high style with old friends, new acquaintances and an educational travel experience that you will remember for a lifetime!
Thursday, Nov 21
- Morning: Travel to New York City and the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, and enjoy a free afternoon on your own.
- Evening: Tonight you are transported to the elegant Metropolitan Opera for their new production of Verdi’s classic Rigoletto.
Friday, Nov 22
- Morning: We walk over to the world-renowned Museum of Modern Art for a before-opening-hours guided tour. The visit will focus on their special exhibition American Modern: Hopper to Stieglitz, and afterwards you have the rest of the day on your own.
- Evening: There are no organized activities tonight so that you may make whatever plans you desire.
Saturday, Nov 23
- Morning: Enjoy another before-opening-hours tour of the Neue Galerie’s exhibit Kandinsky and the Total Work of Art: From Blaue Reiter to Bauhaus, after which you are free to do whatever you please.
- Evening: Tonight you hear one of the world’s great orchestras, The New York Philharmonic, joined by the Brooklyn Youth Chorus, as they perform two works by Benjamin Britten:Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings, and his Spring Symphony.
Sunday, Nov 24
- Before going to the airport you’ll have a guided tour of the engaging and entertaining Museum of the Moving Image, after which our coach will take you to the airport for your flight home.
Cost: $1,649 per person based on double occupancy, plus airfare. Price includes premier seating at all performances, lodging, museum entrance fees, museum guides, and group transfers.
Airfare is not included in this package price. Upon receipt of your deposit our travel agent will contact you to make your flight arrangements, regardless of your point of origin, if you wish. If you plan to make your own arrangements, please contact us first to confirm availability of space and ground arrangements.
As with all of our trips, you may choose to extend your stay in New York. Please let us know if we can assist you in your plans to stay beyond our travel dates. Please join us for a great weekend!
Lodging: You’ll enjoy first-class accommodations at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square ».