Capstone Certificate in Leadership for Population Health Improvement
School: School of Medicine and Public Health
Department: Population Health Sciences
Web site: http://www.pophealth.wisc.edu/Prospective-Students/Leadership-PopHealth-Improve-Certificate
Contact: Barbara Duerst, 608-263-4215, firstname.lastname@example.org
Take the next step in your healthcare future.
Lead the way in population health improvement with this innovative program offered by the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Taught completely online, the Capstone Certificate in Leadership for Population Health Improvement makes it easy for you to advance your education while maintaining your current personal and professional responsibilities.
Why a Capstone Certificate?
The future of public health relies on the skills and talents of healthcare and other professionals like you. Through this groundbreaking program, participants can build on their current professional experience while gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to emerge as tomorrow’s leaders in public health.
In just one calendar year, from June to the following May, you can become an effective leader in your field of healthcare and discover cutting-edge strategies to tackle society’s most complicated public health issues, such as the growing obesity rate and limited access to health care.
Upon completion of the Capstone Certificate in Leadership for Population Health Improvement, you will be prepared to:
- Identify opportunities to make effective policy and system changes
- Exercise stronger leadership skills in the realms of communication, collaboration, negotiation and more
- Strengthen your capacity to contribute to population health improvement
All students will be required to complete a total of four core leadership courses, worth three graduate credits each. These Courses include:
- Population Health Sciences 780: Public Health Principles and Practice
- Population Health Sciences 785: Health Systems, Management and Policy
- Population Health Sciences 879: Politics of Health Policy
- Population Health Sciences 714: Leadership for Population Health Improvement
Who should apply?
Designed for busy students and professionals interested in strengthening their capacity to contribute to population health improvement, this Capstone Certificate is intended for learners who wish to further their education and leadership abilities to promote change and positively impact society.
Those who participate in the Capstone Certificate in Leadership for Population Health Improvement may wish to pursue a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree at a later date. Since courses comprising this Capstone Certificate are drawn from core and elective courses in the MPH program, it may be possible for students to transfer Certificate coursework into a MPH program. Entrance into and successful completion of the certificate program does not guarantee admission to an MPH Program.
Ready to invest in the health of your career?
Apply by April 15, 2014 for the Capstone Certificate in Leadership for Population Health Improvement. Classes begin June, 16, 2014.
Students admitted to the capstone certificate program will be enrolled as University Special students and will not be degree-seeking students. Applicants will complete the online application through the Division of Continuing Studies at: http://www.dcs.wisc.edu/info/univspec.htm
In addition, applicants will submit additional application materials, to the Department of Population Health Sciences, MPH Program for review by an objective review committee consisting of program faculty selected for this purpose. Students who wish to complete the certificate will submit a resumè/CV, official transcripts and a personal statement and must have met the following:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or equivalent.
- Provide evidence of strong academic performance comparable to a “B” grade point average or above in undergraduate or graduate course.
- Have a minimum of five years of professional experience.
- Complete a written statement that provides information about how the certificate will enhance the student’s professional capacity and activities.
For more information
Please refer to the program website for further admission and application requirements: http://www.pophealth.wisc.edu/Prospective-Students/Leadership-PopHealth-Improve-Certificate