The campus-wide Educational Innovation initiative seeks to develop new approaches to curriculum and research, and to set the university on the path to greater self-sufficiency.
Continuing Studies has developed a Toolkit designed to provide an overview of the program planning process for creating new, accessible, post-baccalaureate programs such as Professional Master’s and Capstone Certificates. The tool kit includes policies, processes, worksheets and examples to help you conceptualize and develop your programs for nontraditional audiences.
Hard copies of this Toolkit are also available. Please contact Katy Duren (email@example.com) or call 608-263-5114 for a copy.
To learn more about the campus initiative see http://edinnovation.wisc.edu.
Post-Baccalaureate Development Toolkit
These resources are intended to help academic units think through the process of creating new accessible Capstone Certificates a professional masters designed to attract and serve non-traditional audiences. You will find links to policies, processes, flowcharts, and examples of the documents necessary in the planning process.
There are lots of resources available on campus to help your unit advance your ideas for serving non-traditional audiences.
If you don't find what you need here, please contact Katy Duren (firstname.lastname@example.org; 263-5114) for further assistance.
Download the toolkit online. Note, all documents are in pdf formate. You can download the entire toolkit (12.8mb zipfile) or download individual documents below.
- Program development flowchart
- Program revenue overview
- Existing UW-Madison programs
- Lessons learned from existing programs
- Key contacts
- School/College Outreach Deans
- Budget planning basics
- Program revenue budgets: Implementation overview
- Sample 1
- Sample 2
- Sample 3
- Sample 4
- Program approval overview
- Academic approval process flowchart
- Master's degree named options guidance
- Master's degree drafting plan
- Master's degree approval request sample
- Capstone certificate drafting plan
- Capstone certificate guidelines and templates
- Capstone certificate proposal sample
- Capstone certificate frequently asked questions
- Distance program approval overview
- Online and blended course resources and flowchart
- Catalog of existing technology services
- Evolving models of learning and competence
- Online program development article 1
- Online program development article 2
- Online program development article 3
- List of non-credit certificates
- Non-credit program planning
- Non-credit online course process
- Guidelines for noncredit certificate programs
- Online noncredit programs