Wisconsin Regional Art Program:
State Exhibition in Madison
Each year WRAP presents an exhibition showcasing the award-winning artists from WRAP programs throughout Wisconsin. About 250 artists display their art at the UW-Pyle Center from August 12 to September 24, 2016.
The show culminates in the annual WRAP Conference, typically the third week in September. Guest judges review the show and award $4,000 worth of prizes.
Artist submissions complete
- July 15, Artwork Info and Release Form due through online form or by mail
- August 2, Art drop off in Wausau at the Center for Visual Art (CVA), or
- August 5 and 6, 10am-3pm Art drop off at the Pyle Center in Madison
- Exhibition dates: August 12 to September 24, closing at noon
- September 1, Evening with the Arts and Conference Registration form due
- Friday, September 23, WRAA Evening With the Arts (EWA) Reception, 6-9pm
- Saturday, September 24, 2016 WRAP State Day Conference, Awards Ceremony, and luncheon, at the Pyle Center in Madison.
Award winning artwork
If you have won more than one State Award in a WRAP exhibition you will have to choose one piece to show in the State WRAP Exhibition. Attach one copy of the Artwork Label to your art before you drop it off, and submit other Artwork Label and Photo Release forms by July 15.
UW-Madison School of Agriculture Annual Exhibition
The UW-Madison School of Agriculture Annual Exhibition annually mounts a yearlong exhibition curated from the State WRAP Exhibition participants. Indicate on the WRAP Artwork and Release Form if you give the curators permission to consider your art for the exhibition for one year from September 24, 2016-September 23, 2017. You will be notified in advance of State Day if your work is selected for this UW-Madison exhibition.
Delivery of artwork
Your work must be ready for hanging with wires and protected for its trip to Madison or from Wausau. Please no saw tooth hangers. Fiber works must have hanging devices (poles).
Where: Pyle Center in Madison, 702 Langdon Street, Madison, WI 53706 Room 111
When: Friday, August 5 or Saturday, 6 from 10am-3pm
OR: Center for Visual Art in Wausau, Tuesday, August 2, from 10am-noon
If you mail, Fed EX or UPS it – plan to have it arrive by Friday, August 5.
PICK UP YOUR WORK ON STATE DAY no sooner than noon and before 4pm on September 24. Each artist is responsible for delivery and pick up of your own artwork. Your packaging materials will be saved for you until 4pm in Room 111. If you cannot personally pick up, make other arrangements and inform me prior to September 15. Your art must remain on display until noon September 24.