Wisconsin Regional Art Program: Guidelines
- Select a workshop. SEND YOUR ENTRY BLANK AND
$30 TO THE COORDINATOR OF THE WORKSHOP YOU SELECT one week before the artwork
is due. Make check payable to the sponsoring group of that workshop.
- The workshop may be canceled if less than 20 people send in their entry
blanks. You may enter as many workshops as you like. On the day your artworks
are due, bring your work to the exhibit site at the time indicated. Be sure
to attach an identification label to each piece. The entry fee covers exhibiting
three artworks and participation in the workshop. You may bring guests to the
workshop for $5.00 each. Pick up your artwork at the end of the workshop day.
- The program is open to NONPROFESSIONAL artists and craftspersons. Each artist
determines for themself if they are non-professional. Professional means supporting yourself solely with your art. Artists ages 14 and older are eligible to enter.
- All work must be ORIGINAL in concept and design. It must have been done
by the person signing it. Copies of other artwork, copyrighted photographs or
patterns cannot be accepted. No decorated kits or are acceptable. Paintings
made as copies during a teacher's demonstration are not eligible. Work must
have been completed within the last 2 years.
- All paintings, graphics and photographs must be dry, framed and ready to
hang (including wires side to side on the back). No tension devices will be
accepted in place of frames (they break). Any wall-hung sculpture or crafts
must be ready with necessary hanging devices. Carefully pack small or fragile
items. UW-MADISON AND THE WORKSHOP SPONSORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES
OR LOSS OF YOUR WORK. You must provide your own insurance if desired.
- Enter up to 3 works in ANY media: PAINTING: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor GRAPHICS:
Drawing, Prints, Pastel SCULPTURE: Any Material, Mixed-Media CRAFTS: Clay, Wood,
Metal, Fiber, Paper PHOTOGRAPHY: Black and White, Color, Digital: print or photograph. No giclee reproductions of paintings.
- Some workshops may need to limit the number of entries shown due to space