Wisconsin Regional Art Program:
75th Anniversary conference
In celebration of WRAP’s 75th anniversary the Annual State Art Conference and exhibit returns to the Pyle Center in Madison Wisconsin. We hope you will join your fellow artists to receive recognition for your artwork. The program will include announcement of awards and is cosponsored by the University of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Regional Artists Association.
Conference registration form and schedule
Click here to download the conference registration form. If you would like to have a registration form mailed to you, please contact Lori O'Neill at 608-263-6322.
Saturday, September 26, 2015
- 9am: Registration, coffee, and informal viewing of the exhibition. Time to meet your friends and renew your membership in the Wisconsin Regional Artists Association (co-sponsor with the UW-Madison's Department of Liberal Studies and the Arts).
- 10am: Presentation. 75 years of the Visual Arts and the Wisconsin Idea –Helen Klebesadel, WRAP Director
Inspirations and Intentions –Liesa Pfeifer, Exhibit Judge
- 12:15pm: Buffet luncheon.
- 1:30pm: Presentation of Awards and Annual meeting of the Wisconsin Regional Artists Association (WRAA).
- 3:30pm: Approximate end of the conference day and time to take artwork home.
We are delighted to announce that sculptor Liese Pfeifer will be guest judge for the WRAP State Exhibit in 2015. A visual artist and an educator, Liese Pfeifer is the Academic Curator of the Ruth Davis Design Gallery at the School of Human Ecology (SoHE), at UW Madison. Liese received her MFA from UW-Madison in sculpture and works in such diverse 3D mediums as glass, bronze, felt, and wood. At the SoHE she teaches Exhibition Practices, acts as Collections Manager of the Helen Louise Allen Textile Collection and directs all gallery activities. Liese believes art enhances our living and enjoys the process of designing exhibits while teaching students. Her jobs have included arts and crafts business owner, teaching, art consultant and working in museums for over 15 years. She maintains an environmentalist ethic in her living.