Wisconsin Regional Art Program:
In celebration of the beginning of WRAP’s second 75 years (we celebrated our 75th anniversary in 2015), the Annual State Art Conference and exhibit will take place at the Pyle Center in Madison, Wisconsin. We hope you will join your fellow artists to receive recognition for your artwork. The program will include announcement of awards and is cosponsored by the University of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Regional Artists Association.
Conference registration form and schedule
2016 online registration form available soon. If you would like to have a registration form mailed to you, please contact Alli Timmins at 608-263-6670.
Saturday, September 24, 2016
- 9am: Registration, coffee, and informal viewing of the exhibition. Time to meet your friends and renew your membership in the Wisconsin Regional Artists Association (co-sponsor with the UW-Madison's Department of Liberal Studies and the Arts).
- 10am: Juror Presentation. TBA
- 12:15pm: Buffet luncheon.
- 1:30pm: Presentation of Awards and Annual meeting of the Wisconsin Regional Artists Association (WRAA).
- 3:30pm: Approximate end of the conference day and time to take artwork home.
2016 Guest Judge TBA
Thank you to 2015 Guest Judge, Liese Pfeifer
Sculptor Liese Pfeifer was our guest judge for the WRAP State Exhibit in 2015. A visual artist and an educator, Liese Pfeifer is the Academic Curator of the Ruth Davis Design Gallery at the School of Human Ecology (SoHE), at UW Madison. Liese received her MFA from UW-Madison in sculpture and works in such diverse 3D mediums as glass, bronze, felt, and wood. At the SoHE she teaches Exhibition Practices, acts as Collections Manager of the Helen Louise Allen Textile Collection and directs all gallery activities. Liese believes art enhances our living and enjoys the process of designing exhibits while teaching students. Her jobs have included arts and crafts business owner, teaching, art consultant and working in museums for over 15 years. She maintains an environmentalist ethic in her living.