Enrollment instructions for University Special Students
Most University Special students enroll just a few days before the term begins. (Note: Prior to enrolling in credit courses at UW-Madison, you must apply and be admitted as a student.)
Follow steps 1-4 below to increase your success enrolling in classes when your enrollment time comes.
1. Activate your NetID at MyUW—you will need the 10-digit campus ID number found on your Letter of Admission. Instructions for activating your NetID: —you will need the 10-digit campus ID number found on your Letter of Admission. Learn more and get instructions to activate your NetID.
Note: you may not need to activate your NetID if you are a former UW-Madison student. Former students can get help with NetID and password at https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/.
2. Log in to your MyUW Student Center using your NetID and password to do the following:
- Review and edit your contact information for accuracy.
- Find your Enrollment Date and time (posted late March for summer and fall terms; early November for spring term).
- Check and clear any enrollment holds that could prevent you from enrolling in classes.
3. Verify you meet all course prerequisites and review course information.
4. Validate your ability to enroll in courses by adding courses to your Wishlist. Contact the department's curricular representative or the instructor offering the class regarding any questions you might have regarding prerequisites or eligibility to enroll in a course. For more information see our Wishlist FAQ.
At or after your earliest enrollment time, follow these steps to enroll in classes.
5. Enroll in your courses via the MyUW Student Center during your enrollment period. Avoid $25 late enrollment fee by enrolling in your class by the enrollment deadline. For assistance with enrollment errors or problems, see step 4 above or our Enrollment FAQs and Tips.
6. Confirm your course enrollment in the Student Center—a Summary Grid with your enrolled courses listed will appear in your Student Center once you have successfully enrolled.
7. Pay tuition. After you enroll, your eBill will be available for viewing under the Financial tab in your MyUW Student Center—you will not receive a paper bill. Pay your tuition on time to avoid the $100 late payment fee.
If you have questions or are having trouble enrolling as a Special student please contact Adult Career and Special Student Services, 608-263-6960; firstname.lastname@example.org; 21 N. Park St, 7th floor, Madison WI 53715.
Have questions about the enrollment process? See Enrollment FAQs.