Enrollment instructions for Guest and Senior Guest auditors
Guest auditors and Senior Guest auditors may begin enrolling the first day of classes each term. (Note: Prior to enrolling in credit courses at the UW-Madison, you must apply and be admitted as a student.) You will receive a letter of admission which you will want to have on hand when you enroll.
We recommend doing steps 1 and 2 before the first day of classes:
1. Activate your NetID at my.wisc.edu—you will need the 10-digit campus ID number found on your Letter of Admission. Learn more and get instructions to activate your NetID.
Note: you may not need to do this if you are a former UW-Madison student. Former students can get help with NetID and password at: https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/
2. Log in to your MyUW Student Center using your NetID and password to do the following:
- Review and edit your contact information for accuracy
- Check and clear any enrollment holds that could prevent you from enrolling in classes.
Steps 3 and 4 explain how to obtain permission to enroll:
3. Obtain instructor permission to enroll. Complete the Permission to Enroll form. Attend the first day of class, request instructor’s permission to enroll, and have the instructor sign your Permission to Enroll form.
4. Deliver signed Permission to Enroll form to academic department office (verify with instructor where to go). Authorization will be entered in the enrollment system by department office. Remember to:
- Confirm with department when permission will expire.
- Verify 5-digit class number you will use in Step 5.
At or after your earliest enrollment time, follow steps 5 and 6 to enroll in classes:
6. Confirm your course enrollment in the Student Center—a Summary Grid with your enrolled courses listed will appear in your Student Center once you have successfully enrolled.
Guest auditors only:
7. Pay tuition (Guest auditors only). After you enroll, your eBill will be available for viewing under the Financial tab in your MyUW Student Center—you will not receive a paper bill. Pay your tuition on time to avoid the $100 late payment fee.
If you have questions or are having trouble enrolling as a Special student please contact Adult Career and Special Student Services, 608-263-6960; email@example.com; 21 N. Park St, 7th floor, Madison WI 53715.
Have questions about the enrollment process? See Enrollment FAQs.
Note: Under UW Board of Regents policy, disabled persons receiving SSI and SSDI and who are residents of Wisconsin may qualify to Guest-audit courses with fees waived. If you are receiving SSI or SSDI, please send a copy of your benefits letter to our office after you submit your Guest auditor application. You can obtain a Social Security release of information form here. You can locate your nearest Social Security office here. Please indicate on this form that you want this information released in order to become a cost-free auditor at UW-Madison. After you successfully enroll in your course(s) as an auditor, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your fees waived. If you do not submit your Social Security benefit letter to Adult Career and Special Student Services and if you do not contact us immediately after your enrollment, you will receive a tuition bill and possible late fees.