Applying and Enrolling
You must apply and be admitted as a student prior to enrolling in credit courses at the UW-Madison. For University Special students and Guest auditors, the application is free.
Applying as a University Special student
If you are not currently enrolled in a UW-Madison degree program, but want to take UW-Madison courses for credit, apply as a University Special student. Select the option below that best fits your goals:
- Professional development or personal enrichment
- Preparation for admission to graduate or professional school
- Visiting from another college or university Please submit recent transcript to ACSSS.
- Pursuing a Capstone Certificate
- International student attending UW-Madison
- High school student taking college course for credit
- Not sure which option fits your needs?
Enrolling as a University Special student
If you have been admitted as a Special student, find out how to enroll.
Applying as a Guest or Senior Guest auditor
If you are not currently enrolled in a degree program or don't plan to pursue a degree, but want to attend a credit class without earning credits, apply as a Guest auditor or Senior Guest auditor (for those 60+ years of age).
Enrolling as a Guest auditor
If you have been admitted as a Guest or Senior Guest auditor, find out how to enroll.