Academic Advising for University Special and Guest students
Adult Career and Special Student Services is the advising and academic dean’s office for University Special students and Guest auditors.
Our advisors can assist you with:
- Determining which University Special student status best fits your needs
- Enrollment questions
- Connecting with other departments and offices on campus
- University policies and procedures (e.g. add, drop, and withdrawal process)
Office hours: Monday-Friday 7:45 am – 4:30 pm; Tuesdays until 7 pm
Other UW-Madison advising resources:
- Department offices - check departmental websites for faculty and contact information, course content and syllabi, department resources, and programs of study.
- Curricular representatives - for help with course prerequisites and instructor permissions, placement, and wait list questions.
- Schedule of Classes - for public access to the Schedule of Classes. Current students can access the Schedule of Courses through their MyUW Student Center.
- Policies and Procedures - for policies and procedures regarding course changes, adding, dropping and withdrawing, grading, etc.
- Registrar’s office - for enrollment information and demos, important deadlines, tuition rates, in-state residence information, student forms, student privacy rights, and veteran’s services.