Continuing Studies offers a wide array of individual, departmental, and institutional marketing support services. The Marketing and Communications Department is the steward of the Continuing Studies brand and develops promotional pieces for the Division's lifelong-learning programs. We also assist schools and colleges across campus and promote the UW-Madison Summer Session.
21 N. Park St, Madison, Wis. 53715
Phone: 608-262-1156; Fax: 608-265-4555;
- Marketing consultation and planning for credit and noncredit continuing education programs, services and activities, and Summer Session.
- Writing and editing copy for, and designing, print and electronic materials and publications including brochures, flyers, postcards, web pages, exhibits, and the Continuing Studies Catalog.
- Creating and evaluating Internet marketing campaigns.
- Responding to phone and web requests for information and publications; sharing information via exhibits and displays at community events.
- Contacting media; writing press releases, feature articles, and news briefs for distribution through University Communications and other outlets.
- Researching ad costs and media, and developing display ads.
- Collecting and evaluating marketing data on promotional campaigns and website usage.
- Assist in the development of internet marketing strategies.
- Ordering and maintaining mail lists for selected program areas; mailing and coordinating distribution of print pieces for specific programs.
Mary Lock Albrecht, senior university relations specialist
Creates marketing and publicity campaigns, and contacts media. Contributing editor of the "Continuum", the Continuing Studies news blog.
Phone: 262-9792; email: email@example.com
Celeste Anton, manager of Internet marketing
Responsible for coordinating website content, the online catalog, email marketing campaigns, online advertising, and social media projects.
Phone: 263-6320; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Burg, database marketing specialist
Manages mailing lists, selects target audiences, and coordinates bulk mail. Supports email marketing and website maintenance.
Phone: 890-2020; email: email@example.com
Christina Finet, creative director and associate director
Directs artistic communications and divisional brand management. Oversees publications design and production.
Phone: 262-3319; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Gallagher, senior marketing specialist
Writes brochure and email copy. Develops marketing plans. Contributing editor of "Continuum," the Continuing Studies news blog.
Phone: 263-9732; email: email@example.com
Jim Gray, interim director
Phone: 890-1031; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Hancock, senior editor
Edits Continuing Studies Catalog, reports, and other publications. Coordinates Summer Sessions marketing. Contributing editor of "Continuum," the Continuing Studies news blog. Updates the Continuing Studies Style guide. Writes brochure and email copy.
Phone: 262-2102; email: email@example.com
Kyle Henderson, digital marketing manager
Manages email and other digital marketing. Assists campus partners with marketing communication needs.
Phone: 890-4853; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Koberle-O'Connell, senior artist
Designs divisional publications and direct-mail brochures. Creates four-color catalog covers and complex artwork.
Phone: 262-6192; email: email@example.com
Sheila Olig, production manager and production support
Manages production schedule, tracks jobs at printer, updates job database. Updates direct-mail brochures and other publications. Supports catalog production process. Handles routine office management and budget duties.
Phone: 262-2723; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merikay Payne, senior artist
Designs publications and manages the Continuing Studies Catalog.
Phone: 261-1416; email: email@example.com
Joann Schrage, senior artist
Designs publications, exhibits, ads, and image pieces. Manages the divisional in-house photo collection.
Phone: 262-0074; email: firstname.lastname@example.org